Is it past time to replace that worn-out bedstead? You’re in luck, as it turns out. The Amerisleep revere mattress, also known as AS2, has arrived, and it is ready to bring the order back to your bedroom. Amerisleep has been manufacturing high-quality mattresses and sleep goods for more than a decade, and they continue to innovate.
Consider whether or not the AS2 mattress has what it takes to become your new mattress. See if the Amerisleep AS2 is the perfect choice for you by reading my complete Amerisleep revere mattress review, which is included below.
Amerisleep Revere Mattress Notable Features
|Ideal for||Back sleepers, Stomach sleepers|
|Available sizes||Split king, California king, King, Queen, Full, Twin, Twin XL|
The Amerisleep Revere’s specifications
Celliant has been injected into the mattress’s cover. Fibres like Celliant claim to speed up recuperation by converting body heat into infrared light. Those who slept on celliant fibres fell asleep an average of 15 minutes faster than those who did not, according to the Amerisleep website.
The open cell memory foam layer is 3-inches thick and is manufactured of Bio-Pur, a plant-based material that is trademarked by the company. The 9-inch-deep base layer is a conventional, high-quality base layer.
Amerisleep AS2 (Revere) is for you, if:
- You require specialised back assistance.
Back sleepers are the primary target audience for the AS2. Hive® transition layer is zoned in five regions to provide firm support for your head, back, and legs while softer support is provided for your shoulders and hips.
- You are a hot sleeper.
Unlike standard foam mattresses, which have closed cells, the open cell structure of the plant-based Bio-Pur® material layer promotes better airflow.
- You want a mattress made entirely of foam.
With three layers of firm foam, the AS2 is designed to cradle and adapt to your body’s shape.
Amerisleep AS2 (Revere) is not for you, if:
- Your preferred position for sleeping is on your left or right side.
For back and stomach sleepers, this mattress has a medium-firm feel. It’s possible that sleeping on your side is too taxing on your shoulders and hips. Instead, consider the AS4 version.
- Innerspring mattresses are appealing to you.
Try the AS2 Hybrid if you’re looking for more support and lift than the AS2 all-foam mattress.
- Mattress-in-a-boxes are not your cup of tea.
Upon arrival, the mattress from Amerisleep expands to its original size due to its compression in the box.
Amerisleep revere Mattress: Firmness
With the general overview of this mattress over, let’s move on to the firmness options. Depending on one’s weight and body type, they will perceive a mattress’s firmness differently. The Amerisleep AS2 was put to the test not just by me but by three other persons who were also interested in sleeping on it. You should be able to get a better understanding of the firmness of this mattress based on the variety of people who have reviewed it.
The Amerisleep Revere Mattress memory foam comfort layer allows you to sink in and mould to your hand as soon as you press against it. By pressing harder into the mattress with both hands, you will be able to penetrate the memory foam and reach the polyfoam layer beneath it. The transition from the soft layer of memory foam to the solid base layer is smoothed down by this harder layer.
Amerisleep revere mattress: Performance
Mattresses will feel different to various people because everyone is unique. How you sleep and how much you weigh can have an impact on how a mattress feels to you and whether or not it is the right choice for you.
Lightweight sleepers (less than 130lbs)
- The Amerisleep AS2 is a good choice for light back sleepers who prefer a firmer mattress, such as those who sleep on their stomach. Even though they won’t sink in much, their spine should remain in a neutral position because of the foam’s pressure-relieving properties.
- Those who sleep on their side are likely to find the Amerisleep AS2 overly firm. A softer mattress might be better for relieving pressure on the hips and shoulders.
- Amerisleep AS2 is ideal for lightweight stomach sleepers. To prevent lower back pain, they should choose a firmer mattress.
Average weight sleepers (130-250lbs)
- The Amerisleep AS2 is a wonderful choice for back sleepers of moderate weight. Back sleepers may experience some sinkage, but they will predominantly experience the sensation of lying on top of the mattress rather than within it.
- This mattress is likely too firm for people of average weight to sink into it for pressure relief on their hips and shoulders while lying on their side. There are softer mattresses available in Amerisleep’s portfolio.
- The Amerisleep AS2 is ideal for average weight stomach sleepers. Because it is more solid, the hips should remain lifted. As a result, stomach sleepers will be able to breathe comfortably.
Heavyweight sleepers (more than 250lbs)
- The Amerisleep AS2 should be comfortable for heavy back sleepers. It is a firm mattress, so it should provide sufficient support and keep their spine in a straight line.
- In comparison to lighter and average sleepers, heavy side sleepers will sink deeper into this mattress. However, it may still be too firm and not provide enough pressure relief to be suitable for side sleepers.
- In general, stomach sleepers will be happy with this bed because the Amerisleep AS2 has a firmer mattress that keeps their hips elevated. Hybrid mattresses, on the other hand, maybe a better option if you are concerned about sinking in.
Amerisleep revere mattress: Performance for couples
Isolation of movement
The AS2 has outstanding motion isolation because of its all-foam construction. The thick layers are excellent at absorbing motion, which is critical if you share your bed with a restless companion.
A good mattress for sex is responsive and able to move around effortlessly while having a sexual encounter. Even though the Amerisleep AS2 is made entirely of foam, you will never feel stuck or as if you were sinking into the bed. It should be a good mattress for sex because of how sensitive it is and how well it isolates motion.
The open-cell foam used in the Amerisleep revere mattress provides for better airflow than typical memory foam mattresses. As a result of the constant airflow, you and your spouse will stay more comfortably cool all night.
It is not bad, but it is not fantastic either. It is not well recognised that foam mattresses have the best edge support. You will not feel like you are about to tumble off the bed even if you sit or lie near the edge.
After being unpacked, the AS2 mattress has almost no fragrance when it’s time to off-gas. The foams are made using a mattress manufacturing technology that utilises a chamber and filters to keep chemicals out of the air. There is a chance of an initial fragrance, but it’s not likely to last long.
Amerisleep revere mattress: Pain relief
Those who sleep on their back will appreciate how the foam layers f the space under my lumbar spine.
Pressure on the shoulders from a firmer mattress can force them to dig into the mattress a little more, causing pain. You will notice an increase in pressure while lying on the AS2 and if you are a side sleeper, I would recommend a softer mattress from Amerisleep’s collection.
Hip pain The firmness of this mattress might cause additional pressure to build up in the hips, similar to what happens with the shoulders. A softer mattress is what I would suggest for people who suffer from hip discomfort
Amerisleep Revere Mattress: Construction
An ultra-breathable fabric blend of Celliant fabric, spandex, and polyester makes it comfortable to wear. Infrared energy is transmitted back to your body to ease aching muscles and enhance circulation by retaining your body heat and converting it into infrared energy.
Keeps you cool all night with Bio-Pur® material made from plants. The open-cell structure of this foam enables more air to escape than standard foam does. When it comes to relieving pressure spots and returning quickly, this mattress is an excellent choice.
With the Hive® layer, you can rest easy knowing that your spine is being properly supported and relieved of pressure points throughout the night. It provides additional support for your head, back, and legs, as well as additional cushioning for your shoulders and hips.
The Bio-Core® foundation layer provides long-lasting support. It’s not going to sag or become flimsy over time.
Conclusion about Amerisleep Revere Mattress
The Amerisleep Revere mattress is a fantastic option for both stomach and back sleepers. You will love the dense top layer of foam, which provides a nice cuddle as well as excellent pressure relief. The base layer helps to keep you in alignment, and there will be little to no motion transfer between your partner and you because of it. I would recommend it to sleepers who want a little bit of a hug on their mattress but who still want to be able to move around effortlessly at night.
I hope that this review about the Amerisleep Revere Mattress will be helpful for you to decide to invest in it or not.