In the last several months, lash extensions have been hugely popular because to Kim K’s style, which has become known as “the new black.” However, you’d be surprised to learn that Look out, wet mascara look lash extensions have arrived on the scene. One of the most often requested lash looks right now is the wet mascara appearance.
There’s little doubt this textured lash trend is going to stay! Keep reading, because we’re about to spill the beans on everything you’ve been waiting to hear! By the conclusion of this post, you’ll know what they are, how to make them, what secret ingredients you need, and all the juicy tidbits!
How to do the wet-look lash appearance at home?
The first step is to decide what kind of eyelash poison you want to use. Eyelash strips, traditional mascara, or eyelash extensions: which is right for you? All of the variations will have a slightly different effect on you.
The wet lash extensions: With mascara
Things you will need:
- Eyelash curler
- Waterproof mascara
- Eye-safe gel like Vaseline
- Two cotton-tip applicators/swabs
- Curl your lashes dramatically with an eyelash curler. Squeezing the instrument repeatedly until the natural lashes point upward is the goal.
- When applying mascara, begin at the base of your lashes and work your way outward. The coat should dry in 30 seconds. Then, for each eye, apply 3 to 6 more coats of mascara.
- Dip a cotton swab into the gel and gently rub it in. Using upward strokes, apply it to the lashes to give them a wet shine.
- To make a point, gently squeeze the tweezers once or twice after gathering a collection of lashes towards the tips (approximately 2 to 3 mm from the tops of the lashes). Repeat this technique throughout the entire eye as you move inside. Do the same thing on the opposite eye, too.
- Head out into the world and show off your eyelashes with a wink.
- The Wet lash extensions: using false eyelashes
This variant will have a more doll-like appearance.
Things you will need:
- Mini scissors
- Two strips of bold and spiky strip lashes with adhesive
- Lash gel
- Two cotton-tip applicators/swabs
- Trim the false lashes diagonally into 3-mm pointed clusters with small scissors.
- Also, hold the strip up to your natural top lash line to measure and cut the lashes.
- Make sure your eyelids and lashes are free of any makeup residue before you apply your eye makeup.
- Follow the directions on the lash adhesive packaging. To avoid irritation, keep lashes 112 to 2 millimetres away from the lash line.
- An additional retro flair can be imparted to the bottom eyelid by applying individual lashes. Apply lash adhesive according to package directions. Using the same amount of lash clusters you used for the upper lashes, insert lashes under the lower ones, starting at the outside corner. In order for the adhesive to harden, don’t blink.
- Take a look in the mirror and take notice of how lovely you and your eyelashes are.
- The Wet lash extensions: using lash extensions
You may expect during your visit with a professional in this field.
- As a first step, the technician will show you the several sizes of volume lash extension fibres.
- In order to apply the extensions, they will dip them one by one into the lash glue and place them on a single lash one after the other.
- To achieve a moist effect, you dip the lashes in water, which makes them appear less fanned.
On which people will wet mascara look suit?
If you’re looking for a look that’s a little more dramatic, opt for the wet mascara look. Kim K-style lashes, or wispy, spiky ones, are popular with clients who ask for them. Through various lash extension lengths, you may tailor the amount of texture your clients desire.
Clients with medium to large lashes can also benefit from the wet mascara appearance. Closed lash fans are used in this style, which is identical to traditional extensions. Clients with a sparse lash line will see more gaps and a less complete appearance with this look. Fancier extensions are better for clients with sparse lash lines than unfanned extensions. If they prefer textured extensions, Kim K style might be a great option for them.
How to create a wet lash spikey look?
Kim K and other celebs like her have made the spikey wet lash look a staple of their beauty routines for a few years now.
How to achieve this look…
- To get the best results, use just the thinnest lashes, which are between 0.05 and 0.07.
- Using your index and middle fingers, gently pry apart a 2-4D bundle of eyelash extensions from their adhesive backing and set it aside.
- Instead of creating a beautiful hand-made fan, keep the lash bundle tight to create a spiked, wet-looking lash.
- Dip just the tip or the base of the lash bundle into your preferred lash adhesive/glue while holding the lash bundle.
- You don’t need to coat or bond these lashes, but they appear thicker and fuller than a Classic set of false eyelashes. This lash effect is still classified as a volume lash technique.
- Use a Deep Angled V Tweezers to mix up your curls, starting with a C and blending it with a D curl.
- Using a lash map to generate a template for this lash technique is quite helpful.
Wet lash extensions: Aftercare
With products, use caution
No oil-based items should be used in the vicinity of your eyelash extensions. So, before using anything, double-check the ingredients, particularly in eye treatments and makeup removers.
Make sure to brush them.
Brushing your eyelash tips is a morning ritual that will maintain them healthy and attractive. Use a dry spoolie (the type of brush used to apply mascara) and a clean finger to hold your lashes in place while you brush them.
Use extreme caution when applying makeup.
In addition, you should avoid mascara, especially if it claims to be “extension safe.” It is possible to soften the adhesive on your lash extensions by using water-resistant cosmetics, such as waterproof mascara. Choose a water-based eyeliner that won’t smudge or budge when you remove your makeup at night and use a soft cloth to gently wipe away the liner.
It’s bad for your extensions if you rub your eyes. Both your fake and natural lashes may be damaged as a result. Powdery eyeshadow may also not be the best choice, since the powder can become enmeshed in the adhesive and accumulate over time, making it harder to remove.
Don’t tamper with the lash extensions.
After a few days, you’ll be able to adjust to your extensions without too much discomfort. But don’t try to remove them yourself, no matter how strange they feel. You’ll only damage your lashes if you do this.
Avoid overcrowding your lashes
As they are thicker and heavier, cluster lashes might irritate or even damage your natural lashes because of the adhesive used to join the three individual hairs together. Over time, this might cause damage to your natural lashes.
Avoid sleeping on your side or stomach.
Sleeping on your stomach or side can crush your eyelashes, reducing their lifespan. They’ll last longer if you sleep on your back instead.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have eyelash extensions, but I’m wondering if I may use mascara on them. Can I?
The short answer is yes, as long as you’ve got a traditional set of lash extensions, you can wear mascara with them. Extend the length of your natural lashes with the help of classic lash extensions. With classic extensions, you’ll obtain an appearance that’s very comparable to that of a high-quality mascara.
Wet set lash extensions: what are they?
It’s all about using lighter lashes to form thin, almost closed fans, which should be applied to individual lashes to give the desired wet look.
What are L-curl lash extensions, and how are they applied?
If you’ve got hooded eyelids, a deep-set eye, or eyelids that are droopy and droopy-looking, you’ll benefit from L and L+ curls. The curvature of L+ is a tad more pronounced than that of L. These lash extensions are the most cosmetically appealing.
What do you mean by C lashes, exactly?
As the name implies, C-lash is a strip of lashes that has an attached transparent, self-adhesive band for further rigidity. To keep the eyelashes in place all day, the band provides a larger, more sturdy foundation.
Conclusion about Wet lash extensions
The appearance of longer and fuller lashes can be achieved with the use of wet lash extensions. They’ll indeed hold up for a long time if you take care of them.
As long as you brush and clean your extensions regularly and avoid doing anything else that could damage your natural lashes, you can extend the life of your extensions.